Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Back to Normal....

Good Morning!! Well yesterday was the first day of School and activities, I don't know about you, but I LOVE routine. I just feel better and I feel we are a smooth running machine when we are on track. Life is too busy to fly by the seat of our pants :). That's what my early twenties were for. Today is my parents 37th wedding Anniversary, seems like just yesterday I planned their 20th surprise party. A friend of mine posted a great quote today on her FB (Facebook) page, "A marriage cannot survive on leftovers, it continually needs to be fed, or it will eventually starve" John C. Maxwell. This is just a simple yet perfect way to describe any relationship, but especially a marriage. So often we forget to nurture and give ourselves to that relationship, it often hits the back burner to focus on the other relationships we have. This very smart pal of mine also once quoted or said, "the best gift a father can give his children is to love their mother with all his heart". I just love that thought. What a great example to show your children what love truly is and surround those in. I feel we all benifit from a loving set of parents, it builts strong foundations and as quirky as my parents marriage is sometime, they truly love each other from the bottom of their hearts and if 37 years doesn't prove what love it then ths quote from my dad does... Let me set the scene, I throw on a quick load of laundry, adjusted the load size to small, I mention this to my dad, so he knows I did it, I case I forget to change it back...he says to me " oh great! If you forget, hour mom's gonna blame me. Then I'll get it". So being the good daughter...I quickly tell my mom what I did, she was all, "oh ok, no worries, thanks for telling me". Then my dad shakes his head...and chuckles. I then say, " see dad, I got your back". He then replies "it's ok, I don't mind when she gets mad at me, it's proof she still loves me". Again I did say quirky, yet successful marriage!! Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!!

1 comment: